I feel like after high school a lot of random things got ass backwards. Like, things I didn't expect.
Strange, I know, but I feel like the early months of the year like, Jan-May usually were okay, it was just the fall and winter that sucked. (That may have something to do with the fact that school started in the fall and ended in the spring...now that I'm thinking about it...)
But now, I don't know. 2011 hasn't been pretty sucky (with a few exceptions).
Summer just needs to happen now. I feel like that's the only thing I'm looking forward to. Light at the end of the tunnel and all. (Ah, ah. And Jessica's birthday! Which will be epic. Have no fear, Jess. Paaaaaaarty time. :D)
I hope that things DO get better this summer, and I'm not just looking forward to more of the same never changing bullshit. I feel like school this semester is a joke. A complete bust, and it's killing me. I don't like being a failure. That shit was suppose to stop in high school. But man, Murphy's Law has never applied to my life more than this semester.
I'm ready for a new chapter in my life.
Some serious page turning, man.
Out with the bad, in with the good.
And hold on to the things/people that matter.
I've been taking refuge with music and reading lately.
Seriously. My Recently Added list in iTunes has 320 songs in it from just this month.
And, I've been reading anything I can get my hands on lately. Re-reading like every book I own.
I wish there was a huge library around here I could just live in. Forever.
Times like these seriously make me consider being a damn librarian.
I've always been obsessed with books, and big libraries.
Like in Matilda, and the Pagemaster.
Siiigggghhhhhh.
Here, here.
Have a song that has been cheering me up and making look forward to better times lately.
I loved this song when I was younger, and then I forgot about it, then I found it again and I still love it.
First off, I'm BEYOND excited that you blogged.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I know we kind of talked about some options for the summer, but let me know if there's any way I can help. You're not a failure Amanda. The circumstances you battle every day would bring anyone down. I'm not sure how tough your classes are, but it's not your lack of knowledge, it's college. And your classes are online, yuck.
Don't let this semester taint school in your mind. I think you'd have a better outlook if you were on campus, away from your house every now and then. We'll figure something out. :)