Thursday, April 7, 2011

The wonders of my world.

I just finished playing the piano for the first time in months and damn. I think I broke my hand. Jesus.
My left hand is cramping like a mother.  I should have done some hand exercises before I started but noooo I thought I'd be a badass.


Anyway.
Crippling hand pain aside.
Usually when I'm feeling crappy and stressed and actually remember I have one, I usually end up playing the piano for a while and it usually calms me down.
Especially learning a new song. It's like a crazy good feeling actually accomplishing something, even if it's small and it really cheers me up.
I just spent about two hours learning "Hometown Glory" by Adele.
Previously, I had only heard the like techo-remix of the song, and never bothered to look up the original since I liked that version so much. But I heard it the other day, and the piano in the background was beautiful so I looked up the sheet music and it wasn't too hard learn so I did.

It's really repetitive, but it sounds nice. It was really hard to get the tempo right, too, and It's still not perfect but I think I did pretty damn good.
Another thing I struggle with on certain songs, is how far apart your hands need to be spaced on some songs. To reach certain keys. And I have small hands, so my reach sucks, and that is probably what is contributing to my hand cramping,

But I don't caaaaaare.
I learned this sooooong.
It's really preeeeetty.
And

I rock.
; )

Listen to the original.

1 comment: